3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2011 6:25 PM by kglad

Please help with exporting as .GIF (CS5)

davidbutler2

I made some movie symbols out of sprites (inserting a new frame for each key)

then dragged each of the symbols into the scene 1, and when I press ctrl+enter it looks how I want it to look, but if i try to publish it as gif, or export it as gif, it just shows the first frame and is really bad quality. My publish settings are all correct and I even tried to export it as a quicktime .mov then importing it to photoshop to save for web (gif) but even then it just showed the first frame.

Any ideas? I've been stressing about this for days.

• 1. Re: Please help with exporting as .GIF (CS5)
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

getting a high quality animated gif isn't always possible using flash.  your success will depend on the graphics you're using with  problems likely to occur if you use gradients.

to publish an animate gif, all the animation should be on the main timeline.  you may be able to use graphic symbols on the main timeline and successfully publish that.  test it to see.

• 2. Re: Please help with exporting as .GIF (CS5)
            davidbutler2 Level 1

Hi thanks for the response. What do you mean by insert the symbols into the main timeline? manually copy and pasting the timeline from the independant symbols into the main scene timeline?

• 3. Re: Please help with exporting as .GIF (CS5)
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

again, putting movieclip symbols on the main timeline will display the first frame of the movieclip in your animated gif.  you won't see the movieclip's other frames.  ie, the movieclip won't appear to animate.

you may be able to place an animated graphic on the main timeline, publish your gif and you may see your graphic's animation.  try it and see.

otherwise, all your tweens/animations will need to be on the main timeline with no nested animations.