4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2011 6:33 PM by pwillener

Can't open Jpegs

KWgirl

New laptop..download pics from my camera...files were 145KB a month ago..same pics are now  are 2,889KB plus...then I get this error when I try to open them:  Adobe Reader could not open because it is either not a supported file or because the file has been damaged (example, it was sent as an email attachment & wasn't coded correctly.  Any ideas?  Thank you!!

• 1. Re: Can't open Jpegs
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

Well, Reader can only open PDF files. And I fail to see how any eventual change in size of your images can be produced by Reader.

How about giving us some details? For example, Mac or Win? Versions of your OS and Reader? How are you trying to open your JPEG files? Where are they when you are trying to open them?

• 2. Re: Can't open Jpegs
            KWgirl Level 1

Windows 7, I am downloading into my pictures...Adobe reader 9.  Once they are dowmloaded on my laptop, I get the error everytime I try to open one...File is ex:  D050505050.jpeg.  ...which is how they are saved in a folder.  Thank you

• 3. Re: Can't open Jpegs
              Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

I'll guess that you are trying to open your Jpegs by double clicking on their icons, which in this case would indicate a file association problem. Right click on the icon of one of your images, select whatever program you use for images in the Open With box, and check on Apply to All. Wording may be sligthly different because i am on a Mac right now and in any case my OSs are in Spanish.

• 4. Re: Can't open Jpegs
                pwillener Level 8

On Windows 7 the default image viewer is Windows Photo Viewer

PV.PNG