4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2011 10:14 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Cannot track motion on R3D footage

KeithLaPlume1

Hi,

I am working in After Effects CS5 and I was motion tracking some footage. After Effects crashed and I restarted. Suddenly I cannot select any of my .r3d files to be used as a motion source for After Effects tracker. All my tracking data is still available but I cannot keep tracking (the track motion and stabilize motion buttons aren't available). I can track motion on other types of footage but my .r3d footage just stopped working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Cannot track motion on R3D footage
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Other than what OS and project specifics like codec and frame rate, the first question I'd ask would be what has changed? When something that was working just fine suddenly stops it's almost always because of a software update, network configuration change, or new software installation. For example, all of a sudden I couldn't open or quick view PDF's. A beta version of some software that I commonly use was recently installed. This software has little or no direct ties to Acrobat, but as soon as I removed it my Acrobat reader, preview, and everything else that uses pdf started working again.

• 2. Re: Cannot track motion on R3D footage
            KeithLaPlume1 Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I am running Windows 7 64bit. The footage is redcode and the framerate is 23.976. I am not aware of any changes. Between the time After Effects crashed and I restarted it (1min maybe) I no longer have the option to track motion on my .r3d footage. However, I will try a system restore just incase.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Cannot track motion on R3D footage
              KeithLaPlume1 Level 1

I jut tried restoring my computer to a time when this worked but it has not helped. When I select my footage the "Track Motion" and "Stabilize Motion" buttons remain unclickable and I cannot slect this layer to be used as a motion source. However all my tracking data is still available in the layer (all the keyframes are there) but without being able to use the layer as a motion source I cannot even apply what tracking data I have.

• 4. Re: Cannot track motion on R3D footage
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

What, exactly, are you doing to try to track motion using this layer? Give a click-by-click account. A screenshot or two would help.