7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2007 12:21 PM by Newsgroup_User

Fireworks and Vista

KillSwitch1
      Hey All,
      I am running Fireworks in Vista, and the panels on the right side are a horrible black color. I want to change this because it is annoying. Dreamweaver's panels seem to be a neutral color when running under Vista. I am not sure if this is a setting I changed by accident or what, but any advice would be appriciated.
      Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Fireworks and Vista
          Level 7
          For the time being that is the color of the panels in Vista. For the
          time being FW does not support the Vista Aero look.

KillSwitch1 wrote:
          > Hey All,
          > I am running Fireworks in Vista, and the panels on the right side are a
          > horrible black color. I want to change this because it is annoying.
          > Dreamweaver's panels seem to be a neutral color when running under Vista. I am
          > not sure if this is a setting I changed by accident or what, but any advice
          > would be appriciated.
          > Thanks!
          >
          • 2. Re: Fireworks and Vista
            dogslife
            Unbelievable, I can't believe they released FW without Vista support, this was the same issue with FW8. FW9 was promised and is advertised as being compatible with Vista. They should not include it in a CS3 bundel and sell it as Vista compatible. It's just wrong.

DogTiredofThis
            • 3. Re: Fireworks and Vista
              Level 7
              On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:09:16 +0000 (UTC), "dogslife"
              <mike@jkstuff.com> wrote:

>Unbelievable, I can't believe they released FW without Vista support, this was
              >the same issue with FW8. FW9 was promised and is advertised as being
              >compatible with Vista. They should not include it in a CS3 bundel and sell it
              >as Vista compatible. It's just wrong.
              >
              > DogTiredofThis

Works here: Vista Business, 1.86GHz processor, 2G RAM.

In fact, the whole CS3 suite works just fine. Although I try not to
              have too many powerhouse apps running at once as a rule, I can run FW
              and DW and PS and Acrobat with no appreciable slowdown.

Win
              --
              Win Day, Wild Rose Websites
              http://www.wildrosewebsites.com
              winday@NOSPAMwildrosewebsites.com
              Skype winifredday
              • 4. Re: Fireworks and Vista
                dogslife Level 1
                quote:

Works here: Vista Business, 1.86GHz processor, 2G RAM.

In fact, the whole CS3 suite works just fine. Although I try not to
                have too many powerhouse apps running at once as a rule, I can run FW
                and DW and PS and Acrobat with no appreciable slowdown.

Win
                --
                Skype winifredday

I'm running Vista Ultimate with 4 GB of RAM, dual core 2.2 GHz. Are you saying that on Vista Business it does not switch the "color scheme" from "Windows Aero" to "Windows Basic" ? (And then upon exiting FW it switches back to Aero.)

• 5. Re: Fireworks and Vista
                  Level 7
                  On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:36:06 +0000 (UTC), "dogslife"
                  <mike@jkstuff.com> wrote:

>
                  quote:

> Works here: Vista Business, 1.86GHz processor, 2G RAM.
                  >
                  > In fact, the whole CS3 suite works just fine. Although I try not to
                  > have too many powerhouse apps running at once as a rule, I can run FW
                  > and DW and PS and Acrobat with no appreciable slowdown.
                  >
                  > Win
                  > --
                  > Win Day, Wild Rose Websites
                  > http://www.wildrosewebsites.com
                  > winday@NOSPAMwildrosewebsites.com
                  > Skype winifredday
                  >

>
                  > I'm running Vista Ultimate with 4 GB of RAM, dual core 2.2 GHz. Are you saying
                  >that on Vista Business it does not switch the "color scheme" from "Windows
                  >Aero" to "Windows Basic" ? (And then upon exiting FW it switches back to Aero.)
                  >
                  >

No, I don't think so.

The title bars for all the panels are black in FW rather than the grey
                  I see in PS or Flash. But that is local to FW only, no other apps are
                  affected when FW is running.

And I consider that such a trivial difference that to be honest I
                  didn't even notice till you asked about colour schemes.

Win
                  --
                  Skype winifredday
                  • 6. Re: Fireworks and Vista
                    Level 7
                    The black panel headers are by design. But it's a shame that some of the CS3
                    suite application don't have the new user interface that uses Photoshop or
                    Flash. Even worst Dreamweaver CS3 and Fireworks CS3, as you said, show
                    diferences in the user interface.

I think Adobe should take more care about interface consistency design
                    though all the suite applications.

Regards,
                    Angel.

> Hey All,
                    > I am running Fireworks in Vista, and the panels on the right side are a
                    > horrible black color. I want to change this because it is annoying.
                    > Dreamweaver's panels seem to be a neutral color when running under Vista.
                    > I am
                    > not sure if this is a setting I changed by accident or what, but any
                    > advice
                    > would be appriciated.
                    > Thanks!
                    >

• 7. Re: Fireworks and Vista
                      Level 7
                      This was the first major upgrades since the Adobe - Macromedia merger.
                      I venture to guess that eventually the interfaces will be more
                      consistent. Making all the interfaces consistent is probably a huge
                      undertaking and why it will take a while for all the products to catch up.

Angel Massa wrote:
                      > The black panel headers are by design. But it's a shame that some of the
                      > CS3 suite application don't have the new user interface that uses
                      > Photoshop or Flash. Even worst Dreamweaver CS3 and Fireworks CS3, as you
                      > said, show diferences in the user interface.
                      >
                      > I think Adobe should take more care about interface consistency design
                      > though all the suite applications.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Angel.
                      >
                      >> Hey All,
                      >> I am running Fireworks in Vista, and the panels on the right side are a
                      >> horrible black color. I want to change this because it is annoying.
                      >> Dreamweaver's panels seem to be a neutral color when running under
                      >> Vista. I am
                      >> not sure if this is a setting I changed by accident or what, but any
                      >> advice
                      >> would be appriciated.
                      >> Thanks!
                      >>
                      >