4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2011 4:53 PM by Bob Dix Photographer

memory in PE9

Back woodsman

When I was editing some stills on the timeline a window pops up and says you are running out of memory on PE9??  Save the project and proceed with caution.   What?  I had about 7 minutes of stills?  WIth transitions and a few other fun things.   Do not tell me you are very limited on the amount of stills and video you can do on PE9 - I did hour stuff on Premier 6.0 and still had room left??

• 1. Re: memory in PE9
          Bob Dix Photographer Level 2

PE 9 like 4 is a different beast, just open up as new sequence , it should get rid of the memory problem. Premiere Pro as you know can take over 800 high definition images with no memory problems, could be the computer, also Clean Media Cache in Program . Definitely Save AS and restart

Good luck

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: memory in PE9
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, have you ensured that your photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size, per the FAQs to the right of this forum?

Second, whenever you see red lines above the clips on your timeline, have you pressed Enter to render it?

These two steps will eliminate most out of memory errors when working with photos.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: memory in PE9
              Back woodsman Level 1

Thanks - guys - starting to get the cobby's out and now doing alright -

• 4. Re: memory in PE9
                Bob Dix Photographer Level 2

Hi Steve,

Your comments are very interesting , I usually use photos at 1920 x 1080 pixels and never got that problem in PE4  but, certainly HD avi video , the memory issues have mainly been eliminated with the larger conmputer, and of course rendering on the timeline in smaller groups of media, ie., quantity.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Bob Dix Photographer