2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2011 9:51 AM by rynohose

Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium Install Errors and Other Issues

rynohose

Hi,

I just  installed Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium on my computer and had some  errors pop up at the end of installation.  I  will paste the summary below.   I've tried to install Procction Premium a couple of times.  I've used  the Adobe Cleaner Tool.  From what I've researched, the Flash Issue  is a  a false error since Flash was already installed on the computer.   Is  the rest of it connected to the Flash issue as well?

Thr programs all seem to work fine except for the issue below.

My  other question is that when I am in Windows Explorer and I Right-Click  on say a .jpg file and select Open With...  I am not able to select  Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator for that matter.  I have Dreamweaver CS4  and that shows up as an option.  I have gone through the process of trying to add the  Adobe Photoshop .exe file, but it still doesn't work.  However, if I open Adobe Bridge, I am able to select Photoshop or Illustrator to open a file.  Is this  connected to my install or is there something else going on?  I did  uninstall an ancient version of Adobe Photoshop 7.0 that I've had for  years, but that was prior to installing Production Premium CS5.  Could  that have caused an issue?  I read that uninstalling an old Photoshop  can cause problems like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Exit Code: 6

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 4 error(s), 2 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {CFA46C39-C539-4BE9-9364-495003C714AD} Adobe SwitchBoard 2.0 2.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DF029: ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current

State: 0 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: {2EE4F060-CEE6-4002-AA8B-91B791541767} Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.6.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DF035: CreateAlias:Icon file does not exist at C:\Program Files (x86)

\Adobe\Adobe Utilities - CS5.5\Pixel Bender Toolkit

2.6\windows\pb_app.icofile:\\\C:\PIXELB~1\source\winwood\Staging 0X1.7E8FC6P-

1021rea\windows\pb_app.ico42178f80493091e8e552c84a2897e9da68fce32_32_f80493091e8e552c84a28 97e9da68fce  for icon C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe  Production Premium CS5.5\Adobe Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.6.lnk with target  C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Utilities - CS5.5\Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.6\Pixel Bender Toolkit.exe(Seq 89)

----------- Payload: {43A1C48E-3E50-410e-951C-E17A66BBF824} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin 10.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part

of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action

NewCustomAction1, location: C:\Users\RYANAN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallPlugin.exe, command: -

install plugin -msi

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1603 - Fatal error during installation.

MSI Error message: Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run

as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Action NewCustomAction1, location: C:\Users\RYANAN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallPlugin.exe,

command: -install plugin -msi

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:                                                  

ERROR: DW050: - Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message was edited by: rynohose