3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2011 4:53 PM by gkaiseril

Pasword Protected Field in Form

LLNunez

I have a form in which after a user submits it, the user administrator will access a field and type "APPROVED" or "REJECTED." to show the status of it. The field is visible but only user administrators will know the password to access it. This is what I have so far in my script:

var cRtn = app.response("Please Enter Password:", "Field is Password Protected");

if(cRtn == "12345")
      {
      SCPONo.access = "open";
      this.presence = "hidden";
      xfa.host.setFocus("xfa.form.form1.SCPONo");
      }

The problem is that when you click on the field and, let's say you are an end user, and you click OK or cancel on the window prompting you with the password, the user can the access the field. Is there a better way to get this accomplished? Any other scripts that I can use or any other ideas? The name of the field I'm trying to have password protected is "Status"

• 1. Re: Pasword Protected Field in Form
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

There is no field level password protection.

Also if you add this code to the PDF, any user might be able to access the script and obtain the password.

This also appears to be a LiveCycle Designer form. Please post your question in the LiveCycle Desinger forums.

• 2. Re: Pasword Protected Field in Form
            LLNunez Level 1

Hi,

The end users accessing the form will only do so through Adobe Reader X.

This form was created on Acrobat Pro X for Mac and therefore was not

created on LiveCycle. Could someone else then suggest a code that may work

to protect this field or how this may be accomplished? Thanks.

To:     Omar Lopez Nunez <olopez@doe.k12.ga.us>

Date:   07/25/2011 02:36 PM

Subject:        Pasword Protected Field in Form

There is no field level password protection.

Also if you add this code to the PDF, any user might be able to access the

script and obtain the password.

This also appears to be a LiveCycle Designer form. Please post your

question in the LiveCycle Desinger forums.

• 3. Re: Pasword Protected Field in Form
              gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Have you looked at the stamps provided by Adobe?

There are even dynamic stamps that can include the stampers name from the login and the date the stamp was applied.

The stamp can be made part of the PDF content with JavaScirpt or preflight.

The approver can can apply a digital signature that can be used to confirm the PDF has not been changed after the PDF was signed.