3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 1:42 PM by NathanChilton

DNG Converter ver. 6.4 does not recognize NX100 .SRW files

denncald

I downloaded/installed DNG converter ver. 6.4 on my iMac with updated OS-X 10.6+. It installed okay, but it will not recognize my NX100 .SRW RAW files. They are grayed out, so unselectable.  The ReadMe file says the NX100 is covered with this version, so what am I missing?

As a side note, I also have a copy of Lightroom 3, and it has the latest ACR, so it can read the .SRW files, but I would like to try using the DNG converter so other software I have could be used for editing.  The DNG converter should let me quickly convert my .SRW files for this purpose, without having to first process them through LR 3.  Could this be the roadblock, having ACR also installed?

thanks,

Dennis

• 1. Re: DNG Converter ver. 6.4 does not recognize NX100 .SRW files
          Level 4

Dennis,

The Adobe DNG Converter on the Mac works only on folders, not on individual files.  You need to target the folder in which those files are contained.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DNG Converter ver. 6.4 does not recognize NX100 .SRW files
            denncald Level 1

Tai Lao,

Thanks, newbies need a little guidance...   I'm used to opening only selected RAW files for conversion with my Canon G9 and G11, and using the Canon DPP software.  This new NEX100 brings a new set of issues.  It worked to convert the SRW files to DNG, and now I can use my other softwares for experimentation; Aperture 3, Lightroom 3 (but don't need to convert first), and PS Elements 8.  PSE 8 is my easy button, while I work at becoming more knowledgeable about Aperture 3 and Lightroom 3 (I got them both at very good prices).

Dennis

• 3. Re: DNG Converter ver. 6.4 does not recognize NX100 .SRW files
              NathanChilton

In addition, you can also use Lightroom to do the conversion.

You just select the files you want to convert and then click Library > Convert Photo(s) To DNG

In fact, you can select your entire library and convert them all to DNG.  You don't need to make sure to only select RAW files, because there is an option to "Only Convert RAW Files".  So, why not just select everything?

Using Lightroom to do the conversion also gives you the ability to convert specific individual files, instead of needing to select an entire directory, if that's what you'd like to do.