0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2011 8:25 PM by photon12011

filetype HTML.xht workaround for Dreamweaver CS5.5

photon12011

upon upgrading to Dreamweaver CS5.5, i noticed that files of filetype HTML.xht in one of my web projects either wouldn't open in Dw, or wouldn't open with link color cueing and file management.

the known workaround is configuring the following files by adding item 'XHT' after 'XHTML' on the line for 'HTML' documents:

Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5/Configuration/DocumentTypes/MMDocumentTypes.xml

[in Dw CS5, was Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS5/Configuration/DocumentTypes/MMDocumentTypes.xml ]

and

/Users/me/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS5.5/en_US/Configuration/Extensions.txt

[in Dw CS5, was /Users/me/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver\ CS5/en_US/Configuration/Extensions.txt ]

the workaround enables Dw CS5.5 to open an HTML5 document with an 'xht' extension via the Files Panel.

additional information about 'deployment of HTML.xht' is noted on my web site at

http://www.enhanceability.com/dev/0.xht

please let the Dreamweaver developers know that there must be a better way to support HTML.xht or HTML5.

best regards,

Ron Stone