2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2011 2:44 AM by Oli_Wales

Links in button

Oli_Wales Level 1

I'm creating a simple MovieClip Button, and I have what would be a pop up on the Down state with a Link! My only problem is that when you navigate away from the button to the pop up to click the link the rollOut action kicks in and back to frame 1. A little baffled to how to get around this, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions? Don't really want to create invisible hot spots as I only want the original button and "visible" pop up to be clickable

on (rollOut) {

this.gotoAndStop("1");

}

on (rollOver) {

this.gotoAndStop("2");

}

on (release) {

this.gotoAndStop("3");

}

• 1. Re: Links in button
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If the popup is part of the movieclip button, there isn't much you can do except to fill any gap between the button and the popup so that you do not create the rollout event.  You might be able to implement a brief delay instead of immediately calling the gotoAndStop(1) command to allow time for the mouse to be moved to the popup.

If those numbers in the functions are supposed to be frame numbers, you should not be using quotes for them.

• 2. Re: Links in button
            Oli_Wales Level 1

Managed to get round this by placing the mc button within a movieclip and having that button control the mc timeline essentially flipping between the 3 states and works perfectly giving more control over each state! All states can have different MC buttons and Has to include a "Close" button on the Down state (the 3rd Keyframe) or at the very least remove Over and Out on the original button and change Release to: gotoAndStop(1)

Here's the (almost) finished article  http://79.170.44.81/hftriathlon.com/596TT.html

//FRAME 1

on (rollOver) {
                this._parent.gotoAndStop(2);
            }

on (release) {
                this._parent.gotoAndStop(3);
            }

//FRAME 2

on (rollOut) {
                this._parent.gotoAndStop(1);
            }

on (rollOver) {