2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2011 5:07 PM by Shane P

Audio Mixer Related Crash

Shane P Level 3

Hello All,

After 3 fantastic weeks of editing on 5.5 without a hiccup, I finally had a few crashes. It's weird as it only happens when I make an adjustment in the Audio Mixer then click back in the timeline to keep editing. It doesnt do it consistently, approx 1 out of every 10 times. But it only happens after making and audio mixer adjustment. I'm getting the runtime r6025 pure vital function error.

Other than this PP has been a rock solid monster. I was just wondering if this is happening to anyone else or if it is a knwn issue?

Sys Specs:

Operating System
          MS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2
      CPU
          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700  @ 2.66GHz    46 °C
          Kentsfield 65nm Technology
      RAM
          8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
      Motherboard
          ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5QL PRO (LGA775)    40 °C
      Graphics
          HP w2408 (1920x1200@60Hz)
          512MB GeForce 9400 GT (MSI)    46 °C
      Hard Drives
          488GB Western Digital WDC ATA Device (SATA)    39 °C
      Optical Drives
          WD Virtual CD 1110 USB Device
          ATAPI iHAS120   6 ATA Device
      Audio
          Realtek High Definition Audio

Shane

• 1. Re: Audio Mixer Related Crash
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I don't see any reports of this. Please submit a bug report.

Note that the error message about the r6025 pure virtual function call isn't specific to Premiere Pro (or even Adobe software). It's a message from the run-time system---so this particular error string pops up in messages with a huge diversity of causes. Very often, these are because of badly behaved third-party plug-ins. Let us know in your bug report if you have third-party video hardware and/or codecs installed.

• 2. Re: Audio Mixer Related Crash
            Shane P Level 3

Todd,

Thank you for the info. My apologies for not being more specific in respect to third party hardware/plugins. I do not have any third party hardware or plugins installed. I will go ahead and sumbit the bug report as suggested. I finally bookmarked the link in my browsers for any future issues and/or suggestions.

Other than this occasional bizarre issue with my system, PP 5.5 has been freakishly rock solid. I have a surgery scheduled with an oral surgeon to have the smile removed from my face.

Thank you for your response,

Shane