3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2011 3:54 PM by peter minneapolis

Frame stroke thickness problem?

koshington69

I've just started using InDesign 5.5 and found a really annoying problem.

I produce Wedding albums with the package and I stroke the frames that contain the pictures with 2px.

I'm finding that I can create two identical picture boxes but to make them look as if they have the same thickness of border on them I have to stoke some at 2px and others at 8px.

This just dosent make any sense, the settings are identical and are stroked in the middle of the frame line. I ignored it to begin with thinking it was just the way it was displayed on the screen but when I output to PDF it was quite obvious.

I never had this problem with my version 4 so whats changed?

Please help

• 1. Re: Frame stroke thickness problem?
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Make sure that adjust stroke weight when scaling is disabled.

Bob

• 2. Re: Frame stroke thickness problem?
            koshington69 Level 1

Thanks Bob, that set the alarm bells ringing in my head from a long time ago, I remember this tick box being buried somewhere in an option.

However in the 'Transform' window if I deselect "adjust stroke weight when scaling" It makes no difference! Now I remember when I used to do it in the old version, if the box got dragged bigger the stroke would increase with it. Here it dosent, it stays at 2px, how very strange!

There isn't anoter tick box somewhere I'm missing is there? I'm not 100% this is the tickbox I used to use.

Also Id just like to point out that this album/document is not a pure version from 5.5 its one that I just re use everytime, for the last 2 years. I just replace all the photographs, move them around a bit and resize them as I go along. Never had this before 5.5 though.

Thanks for help so far on this mystery!

• 3. Re: Frame stroke thickness problem?
              peter minneapolis Level 4

koshington69 wrote:

Thanks Bob, that set the alarm bells ringing in my head from a long time ago, I remember this tick box being buried somewhere in an option.

However in the 'Transform' window if I deselect "adjust stroke weight when scaling" It makes no difference! Now I remember when I used to do it in the old version, if the box got dragged bigger the stroke would increase with it. Here it dosent, it stays at 2px, how very strange!

There isn't anoter tick box somewhere I'm missing is there? I'm not 100% this is the tickbox I used to use.

Also Id just like to point out that this album/document is not a pure version from 5.5 its one that I just re use everytime, for the last 2 years. I just replace all the photographs, move them around a bit and resize them as I go along. Never had this before 5.5 though.

Thanks for help so far on this mystery!

One possibility is that reusing the file from version-to-version may be causing the problem. Exporting the file to IDML and opening in the current version,and saving the converted IDML may fix it. It's worth a try.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices