6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2011 1:39 PM by mattvdlaar

issues with font in adobe flash cs5

Jai Haze

i have a font that is installed on my system Mac OSX Lion and can view it fine, however i have a fla file that i used the font in and when i look at the drop down box of fonts, this is not showing, i have tried reinstalling the font with no luck what so ever.  Any help here would be greatly appreeicated.         

• 1. Re: issues with font in adobe flash cs5
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

Flash and many other animation/video applications are very particular about the fonts that they will use. A font that will work fine in Word or Photoshop, may not work in Flash. The font may be damaged, can you get a fresh copy of the font from someone else? The font may be non-standard to the format that it is using. The rules for type 1 Postscript fonts are very strict and so those fonts usually work well. Opentype and Truetype fonts can be more problematic.

• 2. Re: issues with font in adobe flash cs5
            relaxatraja Level 5

Did you quit and restarted the flash? becoz everytime it launches initialize the fonts.

• 3. Re: issues with font in adobe flash cs5
              Jai Haze Level 1

well the issue is the font worked before hence how it works with the font without me pulling it in Flash, when i put it in and try to publish movie it says the font is not available.  The problem is it WAS, when i installed more fonts, this font is not working correctly. I dont know why         

• 4. Re: issues with font in adobe flash cs5
                robdillon Most Valuable Participant

Are you using Classic textFields or TLF textFields? In authoring you see the font that you want, you can select that font and use it in a textField during authoring, correct?

How are you using the font? Is the font in your movie's Library? Are you using the font in a static, input or dynamic textField, if you are using TLF text then is the textField Read Only, Selectable or Editable?

Are you embedding the font?

Do you see the text when you Test Movie in authoring?

• 5. Re: issues with font in adobe flash cs5
                  Jai Haze Level 1

i cant see the font at all thats the problem, even if i use the drop down it doesnt show any of the fonts i used, i have a font library of 2100 and ps and ai and ae all find the fonts, its flash thats causing the issue.  I have tried classic and TLF with no luck. i do not see the text when i see the movie, unless its my previous version of the FLA BEFORE i put it in the Adobe Flash cs5, i have the SWF when it did work, but now it doesnt want to recognize it in the fla file    

• 6. Re: issues with font in adobe flash cs5
                    mattvdlaar

im having the same problem