1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 28, 2011 1:33 AM by Silviu Vergoti

Digital signage application

daniloca76

I'd like to know if Strobe could be a good choice for digital signage application.

I'd like to know in particular if:

- I need full screen application. Can I use Strobe in full screen mode (monitor HD 1920-1080) inside a web page.
      Also in Portrait and landscape way ?

- can I overlay text over video (not ads like youtube ads but price o other words over a exact point of the video for the exact duration of 1 video and change text for the following video in playlist ?

Playlist
      1° playlist video -> 1° overlay text in a exact poit of the video
      2° playlist video -> 2° (different from 1° and in different position)

Is this possible and simple ?

- can I manage playlist in advanced mode
      (I'd like to create playlist in dynamic way, with languages like php fetching data from DB) 

Thank you in advance

• 1. Re: Digital signage application
          Silviu Vergoti Adobe Employee

Hi,  

- I need full screen application. Can I use Strobe in full screen mode (monitor HD 1920-1080) inside a web page.

Also in Portrait and landscape way ?

SVE: OSMF supports fullscreen, since flash supports it. Switching from landscape to portrait was not tested on monitors, but you should be able to control this from the video player, by adding some code.

- can I overlay text over video (not ads like youtube ads but price o other words over a exact point of the video for the exact duration of 1 video and change text for the following video in playlist ?

SVE : Yes - there are captioning or text layout examples in the osmf code samples

Playlist

1° playlist video -> 1° overlay text in a exact poit of the video  2° playlist video -> 2° (different from 1° and in different position)  ...

Is this possible and simple ?

- can I manage playlist in advanced mode  (I'd like to create playlist in dynamic way, with languages like php fetching data from DB) 

SVE: Possible, but not very simple. Please look at the Strobe media playback  JS API examples and the playlist feature