3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 8:59 AM by Carl Sun

Extension Manager CS5 will not open in Windows XP

DougCoGov

I have been trying to install any extension in the EM CS5 and it will not open. I have removed it and re-installed several times with no luck. Is there an update or something I need to do to make this work? It will not run through Dreamweaver as well.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Extension Manager CS5 will not open in Windows XP
          Carl Sun Level 4

Extension Manager CS5 has an update, but it only adds validation for new certificate. Please ensure you have administrative privilege when you run Extension Manager at the first time. You can also generate log files to assist troubleshooting.

• 2. Re: Extension Manager CS5 will not open in Windows XP
            DougCoGov Level 1

Hi,

I have unistalled the entire CS5 suite, and the reinstalled it again, had all the updates installed and still when I try to launch Extension Manager there is nothing there. I can see the Task Manager Processes that it is running, but no screen comes up nor can I access it. This is very frustrating, I have extension I would like to use and I can not install them. Where do I go from here? BTW I have full admin rights, always have. Unless I am missing something.

Thanks,

• 3. Re: Extension Manager CS5 will not open in Windows XP
              Carl Sun Level 4

1. If "C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserName>\Application Data\Adobe\Extension Manager CS5\Configuration\Extensions\exman_uiPreferences.mxl" exists, delete this file.
              2. Each CS product which Extension Manager supports has a file named XManConfig.xml. If Extension Manager can not find this file from a CS product, Extension Manager will not integrate this product. So in order to determine the cause, you can rename XManConfig.xml for all CS products temporarily (You can find this file under installation directory or its configuration sub-directory of each CS product), as a result, Extension Manager will not integrate any product.
              3. Try to launch Extension Manager, if it can be launched successfully, then rename XManConfig.xml back one by one and launch Extension Manager again after each rename. If Extension Manager can not launched after you rename XManConfig.xml back for a certain product, then the problem is relevant to this product, please generate log files to assist troubleshooting. You can read other threads in this forum to learn how to generate log files. Of course, if you don't need Extension Manager to manage extensions for a specific product, you don't need restore name of XManConfig.xml for that product.
              4. If Extension Manager can not be launched even if no any product is integrated,also please generate log files.