8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2011 2:14 AM by Ankit_Jain

Reader 10.1 update English MSP

JMWebster

Hi

Can anyone confirm if Adobe are going to release an 10.1 MSP for English only.  I know they have a Multiple Language MSP for download but not the English only version.

As we can see from other forums the ML Update doesn’t work unless you have the ML Reader installed.

Can we conclude that the 10.1 update is only required for Multiple Language Reader????

Anyone at Adobe that can answer this please???

Thanks Jo

• 1. Re: Reader 10.1 update English MSP
          pwillener Level 8

I don't know if you will get an official answer from Adobe about your question.

But it has been more than a month since Reader 10.1 was released, and all that was released was

1. a full EXE installer for every language
          2. a full MSI installer for every language
          3. a MSP patch for the MUI Reader version

I don't think Adobe is going to release a MSP patch for non-MUI Readers, especially since the 10.0.1 update caused so much confusion (four different MSP patches; see ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.0.1/misc/).

• 2. Re: Reader 10.1 update English MSP
            Ankit_Jain Adobe Employee

Adobe Reader 10.1.0 was released as a Full Reader (MSI) and only the update for MUI Reader was released as a patch. Hence, you will not be able to get an MSP for an English Reader per se.

However, this doesnt imply that 10.1.0 update is intended only for MUI reader installations. The 10.1.0 update is intended as an update for all prior installations of Reader (MUI or otherwise). The difference being that an MSI was released which would enable people (who do not have Reader installed on their systems) to install Reader 10.1.0 directly (without having to go through 10.0.0 + 10.0.1).

Hope this helps

Ankit

• 3. Re: Reader 10.1 update English MSP
              lovee30

Hi all,

I am struggling to use the 10.1 patch to upgrade our existing installations [10.0.1].

Reader 10.0.1 was deployed via SCCM - it was done in two steps.

1) Reader 10.0.0 Non MUI was deployed first using a transform file [msiexec /i acroread.msi allusers=true transforms=acroread.mst /quiet]

2) 10.0.1 update patch was then applied [msiexec /p AdbeRdrUpd1001_Tier1.msp /qn]

I would have liked to just use the 10.1 patch to upgrade our existing installs as mentioned.

However, when trying to update using the 10.1 patch on existing installs, I get the following error message:

ReaderMSP.JPG

To summarize, I have deployed a non MUI base version of Reader and when trying to update using a MUI update patch, the error message above appears.

As Ankit_Jain states, The 10.1.0 update is intended as an update for all prior installations of Reader (MUI or otherwise).

Am I missing something?

How can I overcome this issue?

Many thanks,

Jay.

• 4. Re: Reader 10.1 update English MSP

Hi Jay,

As I mentioned before Reader 10.1.0 was released as an MSI (for non MUI reader installations) as well as an MSP (for MUI Installations). So, you will have to download the 10.1.0 MSI from get.adobe.com/reader and then deploy the same via SCCM to all your client systems.

Ankit

• 5. Re: Reader 10.1 update English MSP
                  PleaseHelpMe#24666978678

Would you be so kind as to post a download link to Adobe Reader X (10.1.0) installer/updater without bundled software

Many thanks in advance

• 7. Re: Reader 10.1 update English MSP
                    lovee30 Level 1

Hi Ankit, thanks for the reply.

If I download the 10.1.0 MSI, does this mean I will be able to apply MSPs which are released in the future?

Or do I need to deploy the MUI version of 10.1 in order for me to use MSPs in future?

Many thanks,

Jay.

• 8. Re: Reader 10.1 update English MSP

Hi Jay,

If you install Reader 10.1.0 MSI, you will still be able to apply all the MSPs and/or the MSI's (Sometimes Adobe releases Reader updates as MSIs and sometimes as MSPs) that are released in the future for Adobe Reader.

You will not have to install MUI reader just to use the MSP's that are released.

Ankit