• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trees

Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm new to flash builder and hoping for some  help whilst I evaluate it. I'm a .Net person (up to now)

Is there any way to programmatically and tree  nodes to a tree control that’s not databound? Tree.AddChild seems to be the way  but its alluding me just quite how to do this thus far.

Thanks

Nige

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK So its databound to an array of objects, I'll try not to ask any more simple questions!

var parentObject:Object = new Object();

parentObject.label = "Parent Object";

var childObj1:Object = new Object();

childObj1.label = "Child 1";

var childObj2:Object = new Object();

childObj2.label = "Child 2";

parentObject.children = new Array();

parentObject.children.push(childObj1);

parentObject.children.push(childObj2);

tree1.dataProvider=parentObject;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask away regardless of how easy it looks after the fact. You would not believe the questions I've asked. I'll have to host a retrospective some day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John

Its nice to hear back from my question, so thank you for that.

It's a very different world to get used to. I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here but in some areas is a little frustrating and others its very cool indeed. I didnt realy feel like starting again with another language but I think I might just be converting over

Cheers

Nige

PS: Do you know why a multiselect enabled list in desktop deselects other selected rows when clicking on a row but mobile does not? - Thats just my latest head scratcher!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines