11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2011 12:47 PM by charlie@carehart.org

Is CFB 2 buggy for you?

Eric Cobb Level 1

So, I've been using CF Builder 2 exclusively for over a month now, and I keep finding little bugs all over the place.  I personally know a lot of developers that rave over CFB, so I have a hard time believing that they would be so in love with a product that's so buggy.  Hence, my conclusion that there's something wrong with my install or setup.  So, I thought I would post some of the problems I'm seeing to see if anyone else out there has the same problem, or if there are common fixes that I don't know about.

Here goes:

• Tag completion does not work in any way, shape, fashion or form, even if it is enabled in the settings. 
      • Code colors are absolutely horrid and there's very little I can change about them. Even trying to install custom color schemes does nothing. (This drives me up the wall and I almost stopped using it because I can't set my colors like I want them.)
      • About twice a day, CFB will completely freak out when I'm trying to copy/paste something and I have to restart it.
      • About twice a week, CFB will completely freak out, all of the icons on my open file tabs will become black boxes, I can't switch between or open files, and I have to force it to close via Task Manager and restart it.
      • The CFC insight (or whatever you want to call it) doesn't seem to work.  In fact, most of the time when I'm referencing a component, I get the little yellow warning on the left side saying that it's unresolved.  Doesn't matter if I'm calling the CFC via application cached object, cfinvoke, createobject or what.  The code will work fine, but CFB doesn't seem to know where the CFC is.
      • Global find and replace does not work at all, the search works fine, but the replace doesn't find any results. 

I guess that's about it off the top of my head.  Like I said, there's just little stuff like that all over the place.  I installed the updater this morning, so we'll see what that helps.  Are these common problems, or do I just need to reinstall and try again?