3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2011 9:15 AM by Colin Brougham

Audio Mixer FX

lasvideo Level 4

Im very impressed with the power and diversity in the Audio Mixer and the variety of effects available. But sorely lacking are a small library of presets for each. For example, when using the Reverb effect, most software (i.e. FCP & Logic) give you a variety of room size presets you can assign. This is much more intuitive then dials with numbers. Its good to have those dials for customizing, but when using a Chruos effect, a description to identify the myriad of sounds available from that device would be extremely helpful. Feature request made.

• 1. Re: Audio Mixer FX
          Colin Brougham Level 6

*cough*right-click the effect*cough*

mixerfx.png

That said, it ain't perfect. You can't save presets, and you also can't copy and paste customized settings from one track to another. Those would be great feature requests...

• 2. Re: Audio Mixer FX
            lasvideo Level 4

Ooooops, noobie error. By the way Colin, I hope you werent turning your head while you coughed  ;-)

• 3. Re: Audio Mixer FX
              Colin Brougham Level 6

Don't feel bad; it's hidden a little too well, as far as I'm concerned, and not obvious at all as to how you'd access those. The presets themselves are often... hmmm... lacking? But, they can serve as starting points anyway, and get you where you want to go a little quicker. That said, I used the Dynamics compressor presets all the time on VO tracks and such.

I hope you werent turning your head while you coughed  ;-)