• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adt vs Flex Mobile Project for iOS

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/mobileapps/WSf3db6597adcd110e19124fcb12ab3a1c319-8000.html,

Except for the MX charting controls and the MX Spacer control, mobile applications do not support the MX component set defined in the mx.* packages.

So, when I try to compile my MX control heavy application as a Flex Mobile application, I get a stack of compilation "library not found" errors. Yet, when I try to use adt to compile the project for iOS, it compiles (and runs) just fine.

What's going on? What should I be using?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2011 Aug 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have more information about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try it on a real device? Did you compile it as a release build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran it on both my iPad and iPhone. I forget if I chose a release or debug build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not that the MX controls can't be cross compiled for iOS, they can, the issue is that the mx controls are not very optimized for mobile devices, and so are not included by default in a mobile project. You are welcome to link in any additional libraries you want (including the mx controls), even if they are not recommended for mobile use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines