1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 29, 2011 5:36 AM by pur3forlyphe

Why can i not add the same effect for multiple clicks?

pur3forlyphe

Why can i not select multiple clips in Premiere cs5 and say change the position co-ordinates for all the clips at the same time?

Obvouisly you could move one and paste attributes but some of the clips i have in the timeline are not all the same length

Also is their a way of copy and pasting transitions?

• 1. Re: Why can i not add the same effect for multiple clicks?
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Why can i not select multiple clips in Premiere cs5 and say change the position co-ordinates for all the clips at the same time?

When you wish upon a form: Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Obvouisly you could move one and paste attributes but some of the clips i have in the timeline are not all the same length

If you're just positioning clips and not animating them, the duration doesn't matter--you're changing a single parameter for the entire duration of a clip whether it's one second long or one hour long. If you are animating a clip, e.g. you have position keyframes, you could save that Motion effect as a preset and set the Type as "Scale." That way, when you apply it to clips of varying durations, the keyframes will be scaled to match the duration.

Also is their a way of copy and pasting transitions?

Yes; copy the transition, go to the next edit point, make sure the track you want is targeted and paste. Repeat.