5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2011 4:10 PM by the_wine_snob

*lil problemo: not exporting music track...

npaglia7

Hey, little problem...

I'm exporting two audio tracks - one of which is consists of a speech at a conference and the other track includes the intro and extro music

The intro and extro music are not exporting - it's just silent when I play the exported file back. The speech/conference track exports fine...

Probably the cause of the problem has to do something with the fact I took the intro and extro music tracks from another project I previously edited.

The sections of music are just 30 sec's or so and I already had it customized with fade in's and out's so I copied the music sections from a previous project and pasted into the current project.

I've done this before and it exported fine...so what's the deal and how can I get the music sections to export so that I don't have to redo all the fade in's and out's and edits I've made to the music both for this export and for future exports...??

Thanks so much - I really appreciate any help you can shoot over

Talk soon

• 1. Re: *lil problemo: not exporting music track...
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Do they play within PP?

• 2. Re: *lil problemo: not exporting music track...
            npaglia7 Level 1

yes, but of course Jim...

• 3. Re: *lil problemo: not exporting music track...
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Are there any other Audio Assets on that Track with the music?

Does that Export, if so?

What are the formats of the music Clips?

If you Mute the other Audio Tracks, and Export ONLY that one Track, does it work then?

You mention that you hear things fine in preview playback, so that rules out many common issues, such as Muted Tracks, or maybe Track Keyframes, or that Track not being Enabled.

What are the settings for your Export? [Should not really matter, but there just might be something odd there... ?]

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: *lil problemo: not exporting music track...
                npaglia7 Level 1

No other audio assets...

music = MP3 - 320kbps

No on the muting...

settings for export - same as usual... = MP3 128kbps...

I just opened the file on another computer and everything exported fine...so I don't know what the deal is...but that may provide a hint...?

I think it's gotta be something to do with my copying/pasting from another project but as stated, I've done this before and no issues...

Let me know when you can...thanks

• 5. Re: *lil problemo: not exporting music track...
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Hm-m,

I just opened the file on another computer and everything exported fine...so I don't know what the deal is...but that may provide a hint...?

I cannot think of a reason why it works on one computer, but not another.

I think it's gotta be something to do with my copying/pasting from another project but as stated, I've done this before and no issues...

Some users (myself included) have had issues with Copy/Paste and Audio files, but those issues usually show up with preview playback, and not with Export, when they play fine.

MP3's can be problematic, but this is usually upon Import, and I would think that if they Export on one computer, that might rule out an issue with the MP3's, themselves. As a test, do a Render Replace for those MP3's, and test. This basically converts the MP3's to PCM/WAV files (they will also appear in your Project Panel).

Wish that I had more to offer, and maybe your info will trigger with others.

Good luck,

Hunt