4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2011 8:05 AM by the_wine_snob

Pre9 refuses to open!

cptnstlite

I have uninstalled and re-installed. When I try to open an existing project or start a new project, I get the message ' Adobe closed unexpectedly..., would you like to open the previous project'. Whether I select 'Yes' or 'No', it comes back and says, 'Sorry. a serious error has occurred...'

A contant loop of these two messages. Any idea what gives?

It will also close completely. This is nuts, I've never had this problem before.

• 1. Re: Pre9 refuses to open!
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I would start at the beginning of this ARTICLE, and then work through the links, one by one.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Pre9 refuses to open!
            cptnstlite Level 1

Here I sit two weeks later

still unable to resolve this. How hard can this be?

• 3. Re: Pre9 refuses to open!
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What operating system are you using? Have you manually gone to Windows Update to ensure you have even the non-critical updates? Do you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements?

How much free space is on your C drive? When did you last defragment it? Have you cleared the tmp files and tuned the registry with a program like Advanced System Care, per my books and the FAQs to the right of this forum?

www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

Have you ensured that you're not running any Norton products?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get it into your computer?

• 4. Re: Pre9 refuses to open!
                the_wine_snob Level 9

In Reply # 4 in that large article, that I linked to, there was this:

If nothing is helping, please see this on Got a Problem - How to Get Started.and post the requested details to help in troubleshooting.

Good luck,

Hunt

I do not know what you have, or have not done, from that article. Can we assume that you tried everything, and in about the order in that article?

If so, what were the results of each operation performed?

Then, assuming that everything else failed (should have been results from the Finding Clues link, but I do not see those, just follow the link above, and share a lot more info with us. Unfortunately, none of us is sitting at your machine, so you need to be our "eyes and ears." Without that input from you, we are totally lost, and have no clue, as to what is going on.

We also need to know what you have done to track the issue down, and the results of each step.

Good luck, and please let us know much more,

Hunt