2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2011 3:19 PM by Jim_Simon

Transcoding to ..... 50mbps 4:2:2 - 2 Chanel Stereo.....

ExactImage Level 3

I have a large project coming up that's been filmed in a mixture of Canon MXF 50Mbps 4:2:2 and AVCHD.    Now, AVCHD is not playing nicely in Multicam so I'd like to transcode it to be the same codec as the Canon has produced (so everything is the same).   So.....  I thought no problem I'll through it through Media Encoder and output to MXF OP1a using XDCAMHD 50Mbps and I'll be good to go.   Hmmm... not quite.

The MXF XDCAMHD 50 seems to be producing files with 8 mono audio channels (which may be part of that standard for all I know!) instead of the 2 channel Stereo I'm feeding it, and was hoping to get out.  While I could use Premiere to look at every one of the hundreds of files and tell it I don't want the other 6 channels, there has to be an easier way.   I can't see how to restrict this in media encoder....

So, any suggestions would be welcome.    I'm also willing to look at better codecs provided that they (a) will let me set the timecode and (b) play nice with Canon MXF files in Multicam.

Suggestions?