2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2011 3:44 PM by azdryheat1

Invoking ID 5.5

azdryheat1

When using ID 5, I was able to start ID by selecting an ID file. ID would start and load the selected file. After installing Creative Suite 5.5, I can no longer do that. I have to start ID and then select a file from within ID. This is kinda kludgy. On top of that, all my InDesign files icons were changed to an Acrobat icon. When I tried to change the default program to change an ID5 file that new has an Acrobat icon, ID does not show up as a choice. When I browse to the new ID file location, I am unable to select 5.5 as the program to use to load the file.

Any answers??

• 1. Re: Invoking ID 5.5
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Well the latest installed version stealing opening rights is normal for file types that don't differentiate between versions by changing the extension. You can use Soxy from Rorohiko to fix that, it you like.

Changing to an Acrobat icon, though, is not normal, and indicates there's a problem with the installation. Did you uninstall anything after installing CS5.5? That would not be a good thing.

The best fix is to reinstall, in chronologiacal order, any misbehaving versions. You might get away with installing over what's there, but it's beeter to uninstall everything, then run the clean tool (Resolve installation problems with CS5 Cleaner Tool) and finally reinstall everything in the proper order.

• 2. Re: Invoking ID 5.5
            azdryheat1 Level 1

Thank you so much. I deleted everything associated with Adobe, rebooted and reinstalled my Master Collection using all defaults. Same problem. Forgot the 'cleaner'.

Uninstalled everything again, ran cleaner, reinstalled, and voila, ID icons were correct, and all is well with the world.

Thanks for pointing me to the cleaner..