3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 1:06 PM by tango-romeo

Can't print pdf-data

tango-romeo

Hi to everybody,

I'm German (77) and couldn't find somebody  in the German Forum who could help me, therefore I'll try it here.

When I open a pdf-document and try to print it (Canon IP4500) there opens a nearly blank window instead of the then usually opening Canon-printer-window.

My OS is Win7 Professional.

As a first step I've deinstalled Adobe Reader and after downloading the actual Version (10.1.0) reinstalled it again, but the problem continues!

The funny thing is: With my "old" desktop pc (WinXP) no printing problem comes up whatsoever!

The same pdf-files can be printed with the same printer as usual! By the way I'm using Mozilla Firefox 5.0 as a browser.

What the heck is the problem with my desktop-pc, is it the OS, the browser, or what could it be?

I'd really appreciate if somebody could explain a way to solve it and could also explain it in a rather simple way because of my not being American and neither being anPC-expert.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

• 1. Re: Can't print pdf-data
          CtDave Level 5

Achten Sie darauf, dass der Drucker-Treiber verwendet die Windows 7-Treiber sind, nicht die Original-XP-Treiber. Canon bietet einen 32-Bit und 64-Bit-Treiber für Windows 7.

Be well...

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can't print pdf-data
            tango-romeo Level 1

Danke für Deine Muehe! Ja, ich habe die originalen Treiber für Win 7 32bit und trotzdem.....

Thank you for your effort and yes I do have the original Win 7 32bit drivers but nevertheless...

Of course I'm using the proper (XP) drivers on my "old" PC and there is not even a trace of not properly working!

(Perhaps I should have used the expression pdf-file instead of pdf-data in Re: and could this be altered?)

Anybody else with a suggestion how to solve my f..... problem?

• 3. Re: Can't print pdf-data
              tango-romeo Level 1

Hi folks,

since there was no possiblity to solve my problem, I've found a solution:

PDF-XChange Viewer.

It works as it should, doesn't cost money, it's also available in German and prints all my pdf-files as it should!

I'm happy and maybe sombody will be happy too for this hint!

Greez

Thomas