Create some fractal noise on a solid in a new comp. Make it look square and digital, with lots of rapid change.
Use that noise comp as a displacement map on your text layer, varying the level of displacement.
1 person found this helpful
Looked like the ever popluar Bad TV effect to me.
CoreMelt was offereing a couple of freebies last time i looked. I have Ananlog Glitch which simualte scanning lines and some distortion/displacement. There's a another freebie called Old TV which combines Glitch with some additional analog video effects. You might also check Noise Industries for their FXFactory, a free utility used by several effedcts publishers.
Applies a tube distortion and mask, scanlines and interference patterns in order to simulate an old color TV.
- Screen Curvature:
- Amount of curving and distortion of image on the “tube”.
- Screen Blur Edge:
- Blur amount on screen edge.
- Tint Blacks:
- Mix of color over blacks.
- Degree of saturation decrease.
- Scanlines Height:
- Height of scanlines.
- Scanlines Intensity:
- Amount of darkening applied by scanlines.
- Noise and Interference Parameters:
- Applies static and rolling lines of decreased contrast over the image with controls for intensity for both.
thank you guys. great help.