2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2006 9:41 AM by DanM.

POST TO JSP FROM IN FLASH

DanM. Level 1
      i have the following form, works great in HTML.

<form action = " http://someExternalwebsite.com/authentication.jsp" target = "_self"
      onSubmit = "window.current('','paradigm','width=800,height=600,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,l ocation=no');">

<input type="hidden" name="failedurl" value="password.asp">
      <input tabindex="text" name="UserId">
      <br>
      <input type="password" name="password">
      <br><br>
      <input type="submit" value="Login">
      </form>

how can i get this into a flash?
      i have a username,password, and okay button ready, created.

do i put take the values of user name and password, put them into variables, and post them with getURL() ?

HELP!!! i can almost cry. this has to be done soon.

Thanks in advance

Dan M.
        • 1. Re: POST TO JSP FROM IN FLASH
          TimSymons Level 1
          To post a form like you want from Flash you just need to use the LoadVars class. Here is an example:

var send_lv:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
          var response_lv:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
          send_lv.failedurl = "password.asp";
          send_lv.UserId = textfield_instanceName.text;
          send_lv.password = textfield_instanceName.text;
          send_lv.sendAndLoad(" http://someExternalwebsite.com/authentication.jsp", response_lv, "POST");

This will send you form post to the server script and then any response from the server will be return to the "response_lv" variable and usable by in Flash.

Do a search in the Help files for "loadvars" for more information and for security settings on crossdomain data transfers.

Good luck with your program.

Tim
          • 2. Re: POST TO JSP FROM IN FLASH
            DanM. Level 1
            i'm pretty sure i'm doing it wrong, so its not working! :) i understand the code.

but there's still a difference between understanding and making it work.

where do i put that block of code you gave me? in an on(release) { } of the button?

i have it there and its not working. Documentation (and google) on loadvars didn't help much for my case.

Thank you for your reply. You're the only one that answered