4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2011 6:40 PM by Colin Brougham

Go to next/previous edit point

sgribber

Coming from FCP, I wanted to set my next and previous edit point to the 'up' and 'down' arrow keys.   The default 'page up' and 'page down' work but I can't get the up and down arrow keys to work?    I've had success mapping other keyboard shortcuts so I can't figure out up and down doesn't take ?

Let me also add that by changing the top preset to Final Cut Pro,  the up and down works.   However, I have more customize keyboard shortcuts so I don't want to use the default Final Cut Pro either.

• 1. Re: Go to next/previous edit point
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Check out this thread for ideas: Cannot map up/down keys for sequence zoom in premiere pro CS 5.5 (Mac)

(Different shortcuts; same principle.)

• 2. Re: Go to next/previous edit point
            sgribber Level 1

Thanks!   I got the up and down to finally work by switching from FCP settings to Custom..back and forth several times. 

In FCP, as you drag the the playhead in the timeline, it 'snaps' to the beginning/end of clips.

Back in CS 5.5,   I have snap turned on but the playhead will not snap to the end of clips.   This is an incredible time saving convenience..  CS 5.5 ?

Also, the 3 Way wheel in FCP, allows you to quickly adjusts mids, whites and color temperature using only 3 wheels. Black, Mid, Whites.   Is there such an equivalent ?

thanks for any thoughts on this.

• 3. Re: Go to next/previous edit point
              Felix CL Level 3

hi sgribber and welcome to the forums,

for quick color correcting, you can use the three-way color corrector.

it's in your effects panel, apply it to a clip by dropping it onto it and then use the wheels under Effect Controls.

You can also check this out:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/short-and-suite/basic-use-of-the-3way-color-corrector/

As for snapping the playhead i am sorry, i have no idea how or why you could do this,

coming from avid, i rarely scrub but use the keyboard a lot, so if i want to snap to an edit, i use the mentioned up/down...

It helped me a lot when i stopped trying to make premiere work for me like an Avid, but see it as a new challenge to get to know how premiere works, if you know what i am trying to say, don't think of it as an FCP- emulator but a fresh new tool in your shed.

good luck,

felix

• 4. Re: Go to next/previous edit point
                Colin Brougham Level 6
                I got the up and down to finally work by switching from FCP settings to Custom..back and forth several times.

That seems kind of weird, but whatever works...

the playhead will not snap to the end of clips.

It will if you hold down Shift as you click or drag. You don't have to have snapping turned on in order to do this; the snapping option only affects clips that are dragged, not the playhead.