2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2011 5:46 AM by Ted Smith

Opening projects that have a DVD menu.

cherimas1 Level 1

I am unable to re-open projects that contain a DVD menu after I have correctly closed the project. Specifically, I have a series of MPEG videos (saved by Premiere Elements). They all open fine and run welel individually and collectively. I then put a DVD menu in with all the Chapter and Scene menu markers and then saved it and closed the project to come back to it at a later time. When I re-open I get the error "Sorry, a serious error has occured that requires Adobe Premiere elements to shut down . . ." and the whole program closes.

I have tried this twice with different videos and get the same result. I have never before tried to include a DVD menu in a Premiere 9 project. I have Windwos 7, 32 bit, plenty of memory and disc space, I have tried two different disc drives(both NTFS format) and reinstalled Premiere. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Opening projects that have a DVD menu.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for articles on how to do specific things in Premiere. Few general users stop by here, so there will be few, if any, "eyes" on your issue. Maybe our tireless MOD, Steve Grisetti, can move this out to the main forum, where many more users will see your post.

I do not recall anyone else having issues with Opening any Projects, with DVD/BD Menus and navigation. The addition of those elements should not affect the ability to Open such Projects, but in your case, they do. I cannot imagine what is happening to cause those Projects to fail to Open, but maybe others will have similar experiences, and can offer some help. If the post can be moved to the main forum, it stands a greater chance that those users will see it, and can help.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Opening projects that have a DVD menu.
            Ted Smith Level 3

I got the same thing a few times when I switched off my computer immediately after an editing session without closing PE9.

It seems the file had not completely been stored on my hard disk and may have still been in a software or drive cache.

As there are large files involved it is a good idea to wait a minute or so then close the program then close the computer using the Windows close routine, not just pressing the button.