2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2011 3:06 PM by tobrien1015

Field validation using distributed form's "Submit Form" built-in function

tobrien1015

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out with a small problem I'm having. I have a hidden field on a form which is the total of other numeric values on the form with code in place so that if the number doesn't equal what it should, the alert box is displayed. The problem is that it's a distributed form and even though the message is displayed, if you hit submit (Built-in Submit Form) button form on a second attempt, it submits anyway. So the question is, how do I change the built-in API submit button code to catch the error? Because it's a distributed form, am I dealing with global variables vs. form level? I've tried using the "event.rc = false" at the form level to no avail. I can't seem to locate the built-in "submit form" code so that I can change that to make this APP work. Or is there a better way to do this. My validation code is below and I would greatly appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks,

Tom

// JScript source code if (this.getField("RankGame1").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame2").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame3").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame4").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame5").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame6").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame7").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame8").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame9").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame10").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame11").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame12").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame13").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame14").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame15").value > 0 &&     this.getField("RankGame16").value > 0)     {       if (this.getField("RankGameTotal").value == 136) {         } else {         event.rc = false;         app.alert("Please check your confidence points. They should add up to 136, but are adding up to " + this.getFiel         ("RankGameTotal").value + ".");        }     } else { }