6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2011 9:54 PM by Theresa 86

Help with button Please!

Theresa 86

I have some buttons that I have set up to drag and drop out of a pop up window in to the students timetable but when pop-up gets closed the buttons in the student timetable close with the pop-up but I would like the buttons that the child has chosen to put on the timetable to stay when the pop-up is closed! any ideas on how i could actionscript them to stay when the pop-up is closed.

Thanks

Theresa

• 1. Re: Help with button Please!
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What is the popup and how is it controlled?  Would it be possible to only make the non-button portion of the popup turn invisible instead of removing the popup?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Help with button Please!
            Theresa 86 Level 1

The pop-up contains the daily schedule options for the children to drag out and set up their daily schedule.The pop up is operated my an open button using actionscript 2 it also contains a close button but when clicked closes the pop up.So if I make the pop up invisible will the buttons that are still in it and the buttons that have been moved to the timetable area on the stage will they go invisible too?

• 3. Re: Help with button Please!

Yes, anything you do to the popup as a whole will affect the entire popup.  What I am saying is to make the non-button parts inside of the popup be what get turned invisible, not the entire popup.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Help with button Please!
                Theresa 86 Level 1

so if the close button turns the shape invisible instead of closing the popup.what actionscripting would be needed??

Thanks for your wonderful help.

• 5. Re: Help with button Please!

Take anything inside the popup that you want to turn invisible and combine it into a movieclip symbol (Just select it all and choose Modify -> Convert To Symbol -> MovieClip...).  Then give that movieclip an instance name (let's say you call it "extras").  Then also give the closing button an instance name (say "btn") and assign it code like follows in the timeline inside the popup...

btn.onRelease = function(){

extras._visible = false;      // hides the extras

this._visible = false;          // hides the button

}

• 6. Re: Help with button Please!
                    Theresa 86 Level 1

I want the buttons inside the pop-up to move around individually and remain on-screen after the pop-up has closed. I realise now that I need the buttons to be active on the first frame of the pop-up movie clip but I need some kind of "masked area" for them all to be invisable inside of, on that first frame until the pop-up is activitated, where the mask is lifted. So then the button can be moved to outside the pop-up area and remain where the are moved to once the pop-up is closed. These moved buttons would then be outside the "masked area" would then remain visable while the other un-moved buttons left behind in the pop-up area would disappear into the mask again. I know now this is the psydo-code but I can't figure out how to turn it into action script?