Thanks Peter but I already checked that.
The Project Title is as per the Windows Properties > Caption. Amending the Title made no difference.
Changing the Primary Layout in the Project Settings made no difference. I have several SSL files I need to build from and they all react the same!
The Language is set for German.
I cannot see any other settings which would have an impact.
I believe what you are seeing is normal behavior when a CHM has been created for one language and is presented on an operating system of a different language. If my suspicions are correct, you are using an English version of Windows, no?
So the following may correct things.
Open the location where your project files are using Windows Explorer. Fortunately RoboHelp 9 makes that a simple task for us. Just right-click somewhere in the Project Manager and choose Explore.
Locate the ProjectName.HHP file and open it using Windows Notepad. Inside the HHP file should be a section titled [OPTIONS]. Add a line in this section that reads:
Language=0x409 English (United States)
Close and save the HHP file, then recompile. See if this fixes it. If the CHM will be for a German audience, you may find that you need to change the value to represent German instead. But try this first.
Helpful and Handy Links
Tried your suggestion thanks but it did not fix it.
I am using Windows 7 Professional (English)
The default language for the project is set to German (Germany)
The chm is for a German audience.
I inspected the HPP file of a different German project on my machine and with a few obvious exceptions, all of the settings are the same. This other project however, allows me to change the chm Caption and does not use the Language option.
Try setting your system locale (under Control Panel, Region and Language, Administrative tab, Change system locale button) to match your target language in the RH project.
I ran into this issue today. I had a Chinese Simplified help system and the caption always said HTML Help, even though it was named completely different and had Chinese chars in it. I moved the chm onto a machine with the Chinese Simplified system locale and viola, it worked!
My guess is that it defaults to HTML HELP when the project language and system locale language don't match.
Jared, hopefully you realize the thread you replied to is three years old.
I certainly did.
But I was looking at 3 year old posts to try and find a solution so I figured I'd post my findings for the next person who came looking.