2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 9:56 PM by Mylenium

Video playback distortion

Cateaic

My problem is that After Effects CS5 is distorting my video screen capture footage when I try to play it.  Images are ramdomly disappering and appearing in spots they shouldnt be during the video.

The video plays just fine in Windows Media Player or Quicktime.  It only has problems when I play it in AE.

Im using the video screen capture software Camtasia studio 7

The capture is 30 FPS

When I bring the clip into AE the frame rate in "Composition Settings' and "Preview" window is set to 30 FPS

Interpret footage is all set to 30 FPS

I dont have any Time settings applied to the video clip, its pure...

Please Help....Thanks!

• 1. Re: Video playback distortion
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

We need to know a lot more if we're going to help you.

What exact version of After Effects? Have you installed the recent updates?

What operating system? What kind(s) of source footage? Has this ever worked before? What other software are you running? Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? Tell us about your computer hardware. Are you rendering with OpenGL? How exactly are you previewing the movie in After Effects? Are you using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing?

• 2. Re: Video playback distortion
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Could be a problem with the Camtasia CoDec due to how it encodes the content or your graphics card overlay drawing during capture... Both not exactly anything to do with AE. Have you tried other formats like H.264?

Mylenium