2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 7:37 PM by Brian2025

Positioning the Caption

Brian2025 Level 1

The caption is associated to a paragraph style that is center aligned. When I generate the caption, it is center aligned to its frame, but the caption frame is horizontally shifted from the figure object frame. I can manually move the caption frame to align with the figure object frame, but that is a pain.

If I use a left align style for the caption, it lines up with the figure object frame, but is not centered within its own frame (obviously). But how can I get everything centered up automatically?

• 1. Re: Positioning the Caption
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

A picture is worth a thousand words. Embed a screen shot in a post using the camera icon on the web page

:

CameraIcon.png

• 2. Re: Positioning the Caption
            Brian2025 Level 1

Thanks, I will do that next time. In the meantime, I came up with a working solution. I just left align the caption via the style. After it is created, then I can override the text to be centered.

In the end this is probably best since 1 line captions are to be centered on the frame and 2+ line captions should be aligned left. Plus the caption frame needs to be adjusted manually. Point is there is some caption cleanup that needs to be done anyway, so trying to further automate is probably not worth it.