Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need help in calculating a total from flowable table

Level 3

I've tried everything to include using the example from the tutorial on creating a flowable purchase order form.  My problem is that I can't get the total field to reflect a total.  I'd be willing to send the form to anyone willing to shed some light and provide a solution.

Thanks

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you retriggering the calculate events when you add the rows?

xfa.form.recalculate(1)

Paul

Level 3

Paul, would you please elaborate on what you are speaking of. I'm unfamiliar with this triggering concept. If it would help, I could send you the form.

Thanks for your response.

Michael J. Woosley

Sullivan University

Fort Knox, KY 40121

mwoosl8210@my.sullivan.edu

Former Community Member

Typically when you name a field in a calculation event it will trigger whenever a change is made to any of the fields that are named in the calulation. In your case because the fields that you are adding do not exist before you hit the button there is no registration of the calculate event. In that case the command I mentioned will re-fire all of the calcs on the form (including the new fields you just added).

Make sense?

Paul

Level 3

Paul, I don't believe that I'm grasping exactly what you are saying. I have several forms at work that I've designed (none with flowable content however) with calculations, it's just I can't seem to get this one to do what I need. So.... let me plead ignorance on this one for the moment.

Actually, I have the one row that accepts data, then if the user wants to, they can click on the add item button to add another instance. Even after entering the one rows data, that amount does not reflect in the total field. You would likely need to see the form possibly, and if so, let me know. I'd be glad to have your help in any way you could provide it.

Mike

Former Community Member

I think it woudl be easier if I saw the form .....can you send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and include a description on how to duplicate the issue.

Paul