2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 9:01 PM by Tai Lao

DNG Converter suddenly stopped working, won't read NEF files

nfietz

Hi all, I'm new here, but am looking for some help.

I currently am on a mac book and run photoshop CS3. I've been shooting with a nikon d700 in raw. When I upload the photos to my computer I've previously run them through the DNG converter without a problem. Now, for the past two days it has just stopped working. When I try to convert the NEF files, they are just greyed out, I can't select anything. I tried reinstalling the DNG converter, but still no luck.

I never had any issues with it before, and now it suddenly won't read my files. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: DNG Converter suddenly stopped working, won't read NEF files
          Level 4

nfietz wrote:

…When I upload the photos to my computer I've previously run them through the DNG converter without a problem…

Had you run the DNG on a Mac before?  On the Mac, the DNG Converter works on folders only, not on individual files (unless you use the Finder to drop the icons of your raw files on the DNG Converter application icon).  From within the application, using File > Open, the icon and names of individual raw files will always appear grayed out.

You need to target the folder that contains the files you want to convert.

CAVEAT: all eligible files in the folder will be converted, including any and all DNG files that may already be contained in the folder.  So if you have any DNGs in that folder, they will also be converted again and the original DNGs may be overwritten.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

Message was edited by: Tai Lao

• 2. Re: DNG Converter suddenly stopped working, won't read NEF files
            Level 4

Please note the edit to my previous post as follows:

From within the application, using File > Open, the icon and names of individual raw files will always appear grayed out.