A couple of thoughts and suggestions:
Did the codec itself update at all?
- Uninstall CS5 & CS5.5 (remembering to deactivate) and then install CS5.5 solely. If you're using plugins, this can create some complications as well.
- Run the CS5.5 clean script
- Reinstall CS5.5 solely
After a longish period of dormancy Lagarith has undergone a flurry of activity recently with several new versions released. It deals with several different color spaces and frame sizes, so may work OK in other software depending on a variety of things.
Try dropping back to one of the previous versions or perhaps tweaking its own properties.
I tried the clear preferences and that didn't help, but thanks. I uninstalled and reinstalled lagarith but that didn't help at first. Then I found the lagarith.dll in windows/system32 and deleted it since it was still there after an 'uninstall'. Then I tried lagarith 1.3.20 instead of 1.3.25 and all is well. I tried 1.3.25 again and it crashed, so something in my system no longer likes 1.3.25. So I am good for now with 1.3.20 - I'm glad it works as lagarith saves me time and storage space. Thanks all.
It is good to know what version worked for you, as it might help others with the newer build and issues. Knowing that a roll-back cleared up your crashes, might help them too.
Thanks for posting,
so something in my system no longer likes 1.3.25.
It's more likely to be a bug in Lagarith. Can you report it to the writer.
We had a similar problem with an older version which was simply a buffer overrun by a couple of bytes when processing a particular color space. And the crash didn't happen when used with some software which allocated larger frame buffers (so the overrun didn't matter). This is just one reason why a bug may only appear in certain circumstances and only when used with some software. This particular bug was fixed a few versions ago, but this is likely to be something similar so it would be great if you could report it to the writer of Lagarith.