0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2011 9:10 AM by CannotCompute

Problems with sharedObject

CannotCompute Level 1

Background:

So I have an old actionscript 2 project I am working with and it seems that on some computer's favorites aren't working correctly.  Favorites was built using sharedObject and it seems to have worked on computers up until recently(without any change to the code). 

Problems:

First off it has been extremely hard to get consistent results across different computers so if anyone has a suggestion as to why that would be (other than different browsers, different flash player versions, different flash player settings/global settings and different OS version) because I have been making sure all that stuff is the same for testing purposes.

Flash Player: 10.3

Browsers: IE 9, IE 8, Chrome 14, and some misc Firefox testing -- Chrome seems to be working the best. 

1. Some computers/browers won't store the shared object at all even though everything to allow it is turned on.

2. Some computers/browsers will store it, but won't update until I refresh the page

Possible Solutions/Findings:

1. I am starting to believe that it has something to do with browser caching since Chrome seems to perform the best and Chrome has performed best when it comes to browser caching issues.

2. I have noticed as new flash player releases are coming out(especially recently) I have had to make a lot of repairs to the actionscipt 2 stuff.  Is actionscript 2 support slowly being phased out? Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

** code is available if needed but since it was working before I don't think it is relavant.