4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2011 4:44 AM by nycfonephreak

CS4 Web Premium Installation Fails - Windows 7 Home Pemium 64-bit

I have a brand new computer running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. The very first software I tried to install was CS4 Web Premium. It failed to install after working for awhile and apparently installing some of the lesser parts of the suite - failed to install the major components such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.

I ran the clean suite (whatever it's calld) and tried again with the same results. Eventually I just installed a standalone version of Photoshop CS5 since Photoshop is the software I use 95% of the time and I needed to get some work done, while I continued getting the rest of my software/data set up.

Now, that I'm almost done installing my software and moving my data to the new computer, I'd like to go back and install CS4 - in particular I only need Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro and Flash. What's the best way to get this installed? Will I be better off trying to do this installation under Compatibility Mode since it doesn't want to install in normal mode? If so, how would I do that (do first need to copy the contents of the installation DVDs to the hard drive?)

Computer: Lenovo IdeaCentre K330, Intel Core i5 2300(2.80GHz), 8GB DDR3,1TB HDD Capacity, NVIDIA  GeForce GT 420 (1GB), Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit