8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2011 7:40 AM by Tom Usrey

Indesign CS2 font does not recognised

M Karthik Level 1

HI All,

I have facing a lot of problems in fonts. Especially in regular and medium type of fonts.

I have Stone Serif Family.

In indesign i have two paragraph style one is TX and another one TX1, both styles are having the same kind of font only.

Indesign CS2 TX1 style is not rendering perfectly. It's showing missing font. But TX style is working perfectly.

Please help Me...............

Thanks

Karthik

• 1. Re: Indesign CS2 font does not recognised
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Can you post some screen shots, please? Use the camera icon on the web page to embed them in your post like this:

CameraIcon.png

I'd like to see some text wtih both styles applied, and a shot of the text, with a selection active, of some text that says the font is missing and a similar shot of selected text where the font is OK. I need to see both the text and either the Character panel or the Character section of the Control panel in the same image, please, so I can see What ID thinks the font is. Including the Paragraph Style listing in the image would be very helpful, too.

• 2. Re: Indesign CS2 font does not recognised
            M Karthik Level 1

Thanks for urs reply.......

Here is my screenshot

test.JPG

Both paragraph stylings are having the same font....... But the second one is showing the missing font.....

Thanks

Karthik

• 3. Re: Indesign CS2 font does not recognised

Thanks, that's part of what I need.

Please open the Character Palette and the Paragraph Styles Palette and include them in the shot (drag them out of their groups if necessary), and select some of the pink highlighted text. Take a second shot with some of the non-highlighted text selected, also. It would be good, I suppose, to also include the Character Styles Palette in the images.

• 4. Re: Indesign CS2 font does not recognised
                M Karthik Level 1

Font working perfectly scheenshot....

Font_OK.JPG

Font missing scheenshot....

font_Error.JPG

• 5. Re: Indesign CS2 font does not recognised

OK. I don't understand why BOTH styles aren't showing the pink highlight.

Do you see in the font weight dropdown wherre it says (Regular) for both? Stone Serif, as far as I can can tell does not have a "Regular" weight, only medium, semibold and bold, along with the italics variants of the same weight. The parentheses around the weight indicate it is missing, which is not surprising since it doesn't seem to exist. I suspect you changed the font from something that does have a "Regular" weight. Redefine the style to "Medium" and all will be well, I think.

• 6. Re: Indesign CS2 font does not recognised
                    M Karthik Level 1

Thanks for urs reply..........

Since the template and fonts are provided by ours clients. We don't have rights to change the font style in template. Our clients says "In our end ok.". But in my PC only having this kind of issue....

• 7. Re: Indesign CS2 font does not recognised

Evidently the clients have not supplied the correct fonts, or they've modified the templates on their end, or they don't realize the font is missing.

• 8. Re: Indesign CS2 font does not recognised
                        Tom Usrey Level 3

Don't even know if this is related, but -- I seem to recall that CS2 had a problem recognizing "base weights" of font families. It had an idea of what weight the "base weight" should be (let's say, Regular). If it encountered a font with a different weight or more than one (say, Book or both Regular and Book), it wouldn't always apply the weight properly.

I thought this was fixed in one of the updates, so make sure you're patched to the latest version.