4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2011 8:51 AM by LT Documentation

How to auto adjust the size of a drop-down

LT Documentation Level 1

I used to have a table inserted in all of my drop-downs and then I had all of my text and images inside of this table.  The table would automatically resize based on the width of the largest image in that drop-down.  The text would adjust accordingly as well.  Unfortunately, I have to remove the table from all of my drop-downs because Adobe has not fixed the bug that I reported in RoboHelp 8.  If I have a bulleted or numbered-list in a table that is in a drop-down then when I generate to Word RoboHelp adds an extra bullet before and/or after the drop-down.  Since they did not fix this in RoboHelp 9 either, I'm having to remove all of my tables in my drop-downs.  Peter Grainge gave me some changes for my style sheet to make a border appear in my drop-downs so that I don't have to use the table for this part anymore.  The only problem is that when I generate WebHelp the border is staying a defined width and the text is staying within that width, but the image is much larger.  This is a problem in IE and Firefox.  Is there a way to get my border in my drop-downs to resize to the size of my image, just as I got the tables to do?  I would just set my table size to 95%, and that did the trick.  I do not know how to do this with the style sheet for a drop-down.

Here is the text Peter gave me for my style sheet back in December of 2010:

DIV.droptext {
      font-size: 10pt;
      border-left-style: Solid;
      border-right-style: Solid;
      border-top-style: Solid;
      border-bottom-style: Solid;
      border-left-color: #656598;
      border-right-color: #656598;
      border-top-color: #656598;
      border-bottom-color: #656598;
      padding-left: 10px;
      padding-right: 10px;