3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2011 7:09 AM by James Robinson

SDK API - Map Styles to Tags (StyleExportTagMaps)

Andres_Mendoza

Hello everybody,

I am developing a script to specialize the export tag mapping tool on CS5.5

I have found an object called "StyleExportTagMaps".

I would like to know two things:

1. Wich object is its parent? i.e. from which Object should it be called from to create a new "StyleExportTagMap" Object. I have unsuccessfully tried to make the call from:
                • The Document Object:
                  • myStyleExportTagMapA = myDocument.StyleExportTagMaps.add(...)
                • The Paragraph Object, which is the "MyStyleExportTag" object parent (the element, but not the list):
                  • myStyleExportTagMapA = myDocument.paragraphStyles.item(myStyleAName).StyleExportTagMaps.add(...)
            2. What values should you send to the add method as parameters 1, 4, 5? i.e:
                  1. exportTypeParam:String
                  2. exportTagParam:String
                  3. exportClassParam:String
                  4. exportAttributesParam:String
                  5. withPropertiesParam:Object

Thanks in advance,

Andres Mendoza

• 1. Re: SDK API - Map Styles to Tags (StyleExportTagMaps)
          Andres_Mendoza Level 1

Hello Evreybody,

I have allready figuered out the object's parent, and it is definatelly a ParagraphStyleItem (but the class name doesn't begin with capital letter):

1. The ParagraphStyle Object, e.g:
            • myStyleExportTagMapA = myDocument.paragraphStyles.item(myStyleAName).styleExportTagMaps.add( ...)

Now I would like to know, the argument values for the 1st, 4th and 5th parameters, the add method expect to recieve (I haven't been able to create a valid StyleExportTagMap object):

• myStyleExportTagMapA = myStyleA.styleExportTagMaps.add("1st???", myXMLTagAName, "TheExportClass", "4th???", "5th???"); i.e:
              1. exportTypeParam:String
              2. exportTagParam:String
              3. exportClassParam:String
              4. exportAttributesParam:String
              5. withPropertiesParam:Object

Furthermore, what I really need to know is how do you specifically map a style to a specific Tag and class value. I was trying to use "xmlExportMaps.add()" and "mapStylesToXMLTags()" methods. It is possible to map a Style to a Tag with these methods, but I couldn't figure out how to set the class associated to the Tag (this is how I found the StyleExportMap Object, which I'm trying to use), e.g:

• myStyleName: h2.fakecaps
          • Expected associated Tag name: h2
          • Expectede associated class name: fakecaps
          • Expected "template.css" values when exporting to ePub file: h2.fakecaps{...}

Thanks in advance,

Andres Mendoza

• 2. Re: SDK API - Map Styles to Tags (StyleExportTagMaps)
            Andres_Mendoza Level 1

Hello Everybody,

A possible parameter for exportTypeParam (param1) is "EPUB"; maybe you could try with "PDF"

The Attributes String (param4) is composed by any combination of the ParagraphStyle properties.

I hope this would be usefull to anybody.

Ciao

Andres.

• 3. Re: SDK API - Map Styles to Tags (StyleExportTagMaps)
              James Robinson

Andres,

I have found this resource extremely helpful:

http://jongware.mit.edu/idcsjs5.5/pc_ParagraphStyle.html

here is the master path for CS 5.5 reference:

http://jongware.mit.edu/idcsjs5.5/

As for mapping the XML tags to styles I believe you have to map styles then call that map styles function. So for example:

xmlExportMaps.add(currentDocumentRef.paragraphStyles.item('myParaStyle'), currentDocumentRef.xmlTags.item('myXmlTag'));
              xmlExportMaps.add(currentDocumentRef.paragraphStyles.item('myParaStyle2'), currentDocumentRef.xmlTags.item('myXmlTag2'));
              currentDocumentRef.mapStylesToXMLTags();

currentDocumentRef is a variable pointing to the current document (I usually use app.activeDocument).

http://jongware.mit.edu/idcsjs5.5/pc_XMLExportMaps.html#add

Hope it helps

1 person found this helpful