3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2011 10:48 AM by _durin_

CPU / HDD Load indicator

Synthdance Level 1

Hello,

I've finally made the leap of faith and bought Audition CS5.5. I am beginning to test it in our studio, doing small editing work for now.

1. Unless I missed something - there is no indicator of CPU load present anywhere. This is especially important when using plugins in real time, and also in multitrack mode (HDD activity indicator would be helpful there, too).

2. How many tracks (mono or stereo) can be recorded at once in Audition's multitrack mode - (can't find this information anywhere)?

Regards,

Mac

• 1. Re: CPU / HDD Load indicator
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

Hi Mac,

Currently there is no cpu/hdd status indicators in Au, although free disk space can be displayed in the status bar.  If you find yourself running into CPU limitations due to a large number of effects, you can enable the Track Pre-Render toggle which will silently render the track in the background and update automatically when changes are made.  It's very similar to Freeze Track in Au3, however it's more dynamic and allows you to continue to modify parameters as needed without unfreezing and refreezing the track each time.

As for track limitations, there's no fixed limit in Audition.  The main bottlenecks for recording are going to be limited to your audio device inputs and the hard drive throughput where you're writing. 

• 2. Re: CPU / HDD Load indicator
            Synthdance Level 1

Hello,

Currently there is no cpu/hdd status indicators in Au, although free disk space can be displayed in the status bar.

Thanks for clarification, although I think such CPU / HDD load indicator would still be helpful, if I recall correctly there was something like that discussed back in time of Mac OS X beta and Audition team mentioned that it was on "to do" list.

The main bottlenecks for recording are going to be limited to your audio device inputs and the hard drive throughput where you're writing.

Yes, and for having an eye on hard drive throughput, such HDD load indicator would be perfect

Regards,

Mac

• 3. Re: CPU / HDD Load indicator
              _durin_ Adobe Employee

There's a LOT on the "To Do" list

Thanks again.