4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2011 6:48 AM by Merodach2

Distortion When Exporting Sequence with After Effects Comp

Merodach2 Level 1

Hello All,

I am trying to export a video sequence which is made up of regular clips and a few clips that I have replaced with AE Comps.  Most of the time, I am using AE solely for the Warp Stabilizer function in this project.

The problem is that even though the video runs smoothly in AE and Premiere, as soon as I export to a number of different formats, the AE Comp clips show random bits of distortion in playback - a bluish-white rectangle will sometimes flash across the width of the screen, or parts of a person's body will drastically pixelate as if I were streaming the video online.  Strangely enough, if I export the same sequence again (exactly as I had done before), some clips lose the distortion completely or experience distortion in different areas/at different times.

Has anyone else had an issue with this?

Can anybody tell me where the problem might lie?  I am new to AE, so I might be doing something wrong.  Also, this is older footage taken from a handheld camcorder, so the quality isn't great - could that be an issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.