2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2011 10:29 AM by Yohan

Bitmap photoshop  filters  in director

Yohan Level 1

Hey,

Does anybody have any idea what are they talking about when they say :

"You can install Photoshop®-compatible filters to change images within Director, Place the filter in the Xtras folder in the Director application folder,

You can work with filters through the user interface or through scripting. Filters added through the user interface can be accessed through scripting by using the filterList property of the sprite to which the filters are applied"

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Director/11.5/UsingScripting/WScf09ce35f85d76b4-2306ec8111d558 53e1d-7fbf.html

Am I supose to put the 8BF file inside the xtra folder? well I did, but I don't see any new filter added to the filter list on the filter tab.

According to the sample shown here :

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Director/11.5/UsingScripting/WScf09ce35f85d76b4-4fdb6b3c11d558 55946-7f8d.html

looks like it is a photoshop filter, but they said it was done in director, how?

I know  I have BitmapFilters xtra installed and I jus went over my Xtra's and found I have Pshopflt.x32 Xtra installed (with  a text file containg names of 20-30 known filters) but I cannot find how to get to it.

I'd be happy for a some advice,

Thanks

• 1. Re: Bitmap photoshop  filters  in director
          Wolfgang Herold Level 2

Photoshop filters can be used to manipulate bitmap members

I have here the german version 11.5. , so maybe the following menu translation is not correct.

select a bitmapmember, then select in the menu xtras->bitmap filter, then you get a popup with the installed filters.

how to do this by lingo and/or for sprites i don't know.

regards

Wolfgang

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Bitmap photoshop  filters  in director
            Yohan Level 1

Thanks,

Now I found the installed filter list, but I can;t get the filter to work , I get an error message - "symlib.dll is missing from this computer",

I will look for this file, but anyway I don;t think it can work by scripting because they say  "Filters added through the user interface can be accessed through scripting by using the filterList property of the sprite to which the filters are applied".

The standard filters are indeed applied to a sprite, but the bitmap filters can only be applied to a member, and not to a sprite.

I believe they were talking about the other filters (shadow, emboss etc.) that can be manioulated by script.

Thanks anyway ,

BR