1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 5, 2011 7:49 PM by MarkvanderPol

getEnhancedMicrophone not present in airglobal.swf in Flash Builder 4.5 with Flex SDK 4.5.1

MarkvanderPol

I would like to use the enhanced Microphone and I find that the airglobal.swc that is installed on my system does not have this declared.

I have Flash Builder 4.5, am using Flex 4.5.1 ( and tried 4.5 ) and I get compiler errors about missing functions. As expected, as the airglobal.swc/abc I inspect (and presume the compiler is using) doesn't have these funcitons.

I have manually moved airglobal directly out of the SDK & replaced the (different sized!) ones in the flex SDK directories

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\4.5.1\frameworks\libs\air, and it compiles ( and upon inspection I now see the functions ) but I get a run time error saying it is not a function.

Somewhere, on my system, something has gotten crossed, and I can't figure out where to start unpicking this one.

Any kind souls would like to give me a hint where to start looking?

Thanks, Mark.

• 1. Re: getEnhancedMicrophone not present in airglobal.swf in Flash Builder 4.5 with Flex SDK 4.5.1
          MarkvanderPol Level 1

So it turns out I need to overlay the latest SDK into the Flash Builder directory completely, not just the files I was messing with before.

In flex builder, go to the directory where the SDKs are installed.
          On my system this is
          C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks
          On a Mac, it might be
          /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/sdks
          There should be a 3.6.0, 4.5.0 and a 4.5.1 present.
          Make a copy of the 4.5.1 directory.
          Download the AdobeAIRSDK from
          Mac - not sure what the link is.
          Unzip this file, then overlay the contents into the 4.5.1 directory. There are 8 directories, and 2 files. The target 4.5.1 has 10 directories, and 7 files (on my system)
          In Flash Builder, project properties need to be tweaked.
          The Flex Compiler tab - Check [Use a specific SDK:], and pick Flex 4.5.1 in the dropdown.
          And in the Additional compiler arguments add
          -swf-version=12
          In your code, to use the AEC, pick the Enhanced Microphone, as in
          microphone = Microphone.getEnhancedMicrophone();
          Now if only I could figure out what all the settings do and which one's I need to tweak for our environment... loads of experimenting.
          Mark.