4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2011 4:50 PM by the_wine_snob

how to reduce motion speed?

liquidmonkey1 Level 1

hi,

i have a title with some text on it.

one of my effects moves the text from one location to another.

another effect changes the opacity from 0 to 100 to 0.

the title in question is 2 seconds long.

when i play the title, the text is moving TOO FAST and i would like to SLOW IT DOWN.

increase the duration or decreasing the speed will only double the length of the clip and this is not what i want.

how can i reduce the motion of the text but yet still keep the length of the clip the same?

• 1. Re: how to reduce motion speed?
          joe bloe premiere Level 5

Ummm...  decrease the distance traveled within the allotted time?

• 2. Re: how to reduce motion speed?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

How did you adjust the Position of that Title?

If via Keyframing the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position, just alter those Keyframes.

If you used, say the Title Crawl Preset, I would delete that Preset, and instead use Motion>Position Keyframes instead.

Good luck, and let us know a bit more about what you did.

Also, 02 secs. is a short Duration, especially if you are starting off-screen, and ending off-screen on the other side of the Frame.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I do my Titles, so that the viewer can read it completely 1.5x, and if it's in constant motion, will make that at least 2x.

• 3. Re: how to reduce motion speed?
              liquidmonkey1 Level 1

thanks for the advice.

i think i was trying the impossible to be honest

ended up lengthening the title (and sound too) so now it all fits.

i'm not sure what the keyframing means ken?

the way i moved the title was clicking the title, then turning on POSITION (in video effects) and then manually moving (with my mouse) the title to where i wanted it to start, then set a keyframe, move the title with my mouse and set another keyframe.

thats keyframing right?

(after writing this, i understand i did do the keyframing thing) haha.

anywho, thanks for the help!!

• 4. Re: how to reduce motion speed?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

If you adjusted the Motion>Position and added a Keyframe for the desired Positions over time, then yes, that is Keyframing. It can be used with many Effects, and not just those Fixed Effects, like Motion, Opacity, Rotation, etc., but with many that you add from the Effects Panel.

When you are ready to take it to a new level, see Keyframe Interpolation in the Help File. Once you have added those Keyframes for an Effect, you can tweak them in very useful ways.

Happy Keyframing,

Hunt