Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rename Project

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2006 Sep 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried renaming the project (File - Rename Project) and renaming it from the SSL menu, but the output file still has the original name. Any ideas?

X3.1 Build 323

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007
whoops dont worry i found it! Its in Project Manager - Windows - Properties. Sorry for wasting space/time

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi petedeadly. It's been awhile since I've used X3 but if I remember correctly its behaviour is the same as in the latest version. AKA it renames your project files (e.g. index, TOC, etc.) but not the output file. That is controlled by the file name you specify when you compile. If you look at your compile properties (was the single source layout view available in X3?) you will see the old compiled file name still there. Change that and recompile will do the trick. BTW changing the name by manually changing the file names will cause you problems later. I'd recommend changing them back to what they were after you renamed the project via the rename project menu. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum

thanks for your help. The Filename i choose when compiling comes out correctly. the problem is that when i open the file, the window heading still shows the old project name. if i view the primary layout, i see the old name as the window heading, but if i select Rename Project, it shows the new name i entered.

To summarize: the project name is correct, the filename is correct, but the window heading is still the old name.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. This is controlled by the title in the window's properties. Right click on the window you are using and change the title there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Colum McAndrew
Right click on the window you are using and change the title there.

Sorry I should have said, right click on the window, select Properties and change the title

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! Thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is really embarassing, but the same thing has happened a year on, and i cant find how i fixed this before! "right click on the window and select properties..." where is this? this is gonna be even more embarassing when i find it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
whoops dont worry i found it! Its in Project Manager - Windows - Properties. Sorry for wasting space/time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp