5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2011 2:26 PM by the_wine_snob

cannot see video on premiere files

manav1171

using windows 7 , just started to use abobe pr cs5 and its showing that "video filter missing and it cannot seem to import the audio as well. the earlier version was done on mac whiuch i am trying to download. pls help if anything is missing.its still loading the project but cannot see the video or listen to the audio even after you see the footage on timelineCapture.PNG

• 1. Re: cannot see video on premiere files
          Jim_Simon Level 8

You're missing a Boris Continuum effect.  You'll need to install it.

• 2. Re: cannot see video on premiere files
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the PrPro CS4 and earlier, but seem to have PrPro CS5. Perhaps the MOD's will move this for you.

It appears that Project used an AfterEffects Effect, Radiant Edges, and it is not missing from your machine. Do you have AfterEffects CS 5 installed on this Win machine?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: cannot see video on premiere files
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Jim,

Thank you for that. I could not find Radiant Edges in AE, and now I understand why.

To the OP, ignore my comment about AE. It's Boris that you need.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 4. Re: cannot see video on premiere files
                manav1171 Level 1

can i use mac made premiere files further on on windows based premiere version 5.5. i guess i am still seeing that problem where it is still skipping audio.

• 5. Re: cannot see video on premiere files
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

I have not used any Mac-created Projects in the recent versions, but have done a lot of work with Pr 6.5 Projects in my PC-based PrPro 2.0. With the exception of a very few 3rd party Transitons (you have a 3rd pary Effect), they Imported, and edited just fine. I can only assume, that so long as one is not trying to go backward, say a PrPro CS 5 Mac Project into PrPro CS 4 PC, that things would be the same. Now, it is NOT the same for Mac and PC Encore Projects - they are not yet X-platform.

Good luck,

Hunt

BTW - with a 3rd party Effect, unless that Effect is available on your Mac, the same thing will happen. You need that Effect. It is the Effect, and not the platform, that counts here. Now, if you have Boris on your Mac, but not on your PC, you could Open this Project on the Mac, remove the Effect from the Clips, and do a Save_As, and so long as there are not others, it should then Open/Import to your PC for additional editing.